Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Growing So...

I can not get over how big the girls are getting! Let me catch up:

Layla is doing SUCH a good job Potty Training. She is not quite there, but getting a lot better. She will finally go in the potty for us. She isn't going #2 yet, but that will come. She is still wearing Pull-Ups, which I really didn't want to do, but we didn't have much choice, it was our last option. We were starting to go a little crazy trying to get her to go. We took away all her many bears and gave one back to her every time she went. That must have been her trigger because she got the bears back within about 2 days! Yeah! I can't believe she is going to be 3 years old in less than a month. It is crazy to even think about. It seems like just yesterday she as born. I am so proud of her, she is so smart! She knows her ABC's and can usually count to 10 (sometimes she forgets the #6). She can sing Twinkle Star, the ABC song, and she is learning "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" right now. She also knows "Good Night Moon" by heart. She can recognize a lot of words if she sees them. I know that she isn't really reading yet, but I think it is great that she can recognize these words! What else...she LOVES Tom & Jerry and Scooby Doo. She is VERY into being a SuperHero right now. I think I am going to make her a cape and surprise her for Halloween. She keeps making me tie towels and blankets around her neck...it is so cute. She is such a good big sister too. She is always looking out for her little sister, even if she doesn't like Jillian to touch her.

Jillian is growing SO fast! At her 4 month appointment, she was 25 inches and weighed 13 pounds 10 ounces. The doc had said she was doing great! Well, I weighed her the other day and she weighed 16 pounds 10 ounces! Is that even possible to gain 3 pounds in a month? She is wearing clothes anywhere from size 3-6 months to 9-12 months! She is all over the board. She smiles constantly (except when she is grumpy which is unfortunately a lot). She is teething all over the place, the kid drools all the time. I hope the teeth come in soon cause it is driving me crazy! The biggest news is that she can almost sit up all on her own and she is THIS CLOSE to crawling! She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. She also has figured out how to scoot around. We basically give it until the end of the week that she will be crawling! I don't know that I am ready for 2 mobile kids! What ever will I do?

Well, I hope that you will like the new format. The other site was just a little too much for me to keep up with. I felt guilty that I hadn't updated it every time I logged on. This one will be much easier to keep up with I think. I will keep the other one up though if you want to look back.
Take care,
Theresa

1 comment:

joshua.schriver said...

it's cute so far! look forward to your updates... and seeing you soon! (did you get my email about our visit to IN?)