Friday, December 5, 2008

Guess She Got My Grace

Well, it is official. Layla has unfortunately inherited my gracefullness, or lack there of. This morning, my MOMS Club (R) group was here for a get together and Layla and her friend Aubrey were for SOME unknown reason jumping on the couch. Now, Layla knows she is NOT supposed to jump on the couch so what she was thinking I have no idea! So, you guessed it, she fell off of the couch and hit her head on the corner of the coffee table. She was bleeding pretty bad as most head wounds do and I was just trying not to throw up on her (as I do NOT do so well with blood). My friends were wonderful and helped me get her ready to go to Urgent care. I ran next door and got my neighbor to come over and sit with Jilly. Then Aubrey's mommy (Cindy) helped me get Layla in the car. Once we were at the doc office, Layla was a champ. She let the nurse and Doc check her out and didn't fuss. She wouldn't let them take her temp, but no surprise, she never does. Anyways, the doc said she needed stitches andwe put her in this papoose thing so she couldn't wiggle around and she sat SO still while he stitched her up. She didn't cry or fuss a it. I am SO proud of her! We stopped and got a Happy Meal on the way home and I let her eat it while watching a movie. She has been a very big girl today and such a trouper. I just thank GOD that she is OK and that it wasn't much worse. The doc said there was no concern of a concussion or anything so we were very thankful. I tried to take a picture of the stitches, but not sure how great they turned out. You be the judge.
Photobucket
Layla smiling in spite of it all!
Photobucket
And one of the shorty monster!
Photobucket

No comments: